All officials, judges, athletes, coaches and trainers are invited to a series of anti-doping to be hosted by the IFBB in South Africa.
The dates of the anti-doping seminars are:
Cape Town – 16 February 2018 from 18:00 to 20:00 at 4Ward Design, 8A Bermuda Street, Paarden Island.
Johannesburg – 17 February 2018 from 11:00 to 13:00 at Olympic House, SASCOC Olympic House, Atholl Oaklands Road, Abbotsford, Sandton.
Durban – 18 February 2018 from 11:00 to 13:00 at Boardroom Kingsmead Cricket Stadium, 2 Kingsmead Way, Durban.
The following topics will be discussed:
- The rights and duties of athletes, coaches and support personnel.
- How doping test is performed in and out of competition.
- Explanation about the anti-doping code, IFBB anti-doping rules, therapeutic use exemption, UNESCO Convention against drugs in sport and results management after a positive test.
- Explanation of cases which happened in the sport of bodybuilding.
- The negative side effects associated with the use of the most common drugs in sport.
The seminars will be free of charge.
Contact the IFBB SA President Wayne Price on 083 967 8978 for more details.