At 1.72m and weighing around 100kg, Earl ‘The Beast’ Abrahams packs a solid punch when he steps on a bodybuilding stage, which he clearly demonstrated at Africa’s inaugural Arnold Classic where he won the Heavyweight class and the Overall Amateur title. With an athletic background in cricket, rugby and swimming, it was only a matter of time before this popular ProSupps-sponsored athlete would pursue bodybuilding stardom.
What was the most difficult aspect of prepping for the Arnold Classic Africa?
The last week of prep is always the hardest because I’m so focused on the competition that I cannot think of anything else. The week consists of eating, posing and resting. As a bodybuilder you do what you need to do to get the best results.
Earl’s Contest History
- IFBB Battle of the Titans – Heavyweight 1st
- IFBB Western Province – Heavyweight 1st
- IFBB SA Championships – Heavyweight 3rd
- IFBB Amateur Olympia Africa – Heavyweight 1st
- IFBB SA Championships – Heavyweight 1st
- IFBB World Championships – Middle Heavyweight 5th
- IFBB Arnold Classic Africa – Heavyweight 1st and Overalls
Earl, give us your pre-contest diet for the Arnold Classic Africa:
My supplement cupboard contains the full range of ProSupps products. I use everything from
Aminolinx for my BCAA/EAA needs, Mr. Hyde, the perfect pre-workout amplifier, and Dr. Jekyll for an intense pump, to the highly effective fat metaboliser Vanish, along with L-Carnitine 1500 and Crash for shredding.
Earl’s Pre-contest diet for the Arnold Classic Africa consisted of:
- Meal 1: Weetbix and egg white pancakes
- Meal 2: 6 egg whites, 100g chicken fillet, 100g cucumber
- Meal 3: 200g steak, 2 cups of rice
- Meal 4: 8 egg whites, 100g Tastee Wheat
- Meal 5: 200g ostrich mince, 2 cups of rice
- Meal 6: 200g chicken and vegetables
- Meal 7: ProSupps PS Whey and Weetbix
Earl mixes ProSupps Karbolyn with Aminolinx for use during weight training. ProSupps DNPX powder (a thermogenic amplifier), according to Earl, is also ‘the bomb’ because the fat burner is ideal for killer cardio sessions. He then consumes ProSupps PS Whey, Karbolyn and I-Load as part of his post-workout nutrition stack.